According to a recent study, average air pollution in big cities is about 4 times higher than the World Health Organization (WHO) limits.
- Vehicular emissions
- Industrial emissions
- Dust fall
- Respiratory diseases and eye irritation etc.
- Reduced visibility
- Loss of vegetation
- Damage to material, heritage and monuments
- Effects on growth of plants
- Always keep your vehicle in good condition
- Prefer 4 stroke engine vehicles
- Use CNG as transport fuel
- Limit the industrial effluents as per National Environmental Quality Standards (NEQS)
- Do not establish industrial units within the residential areas
- Apply 3R formula i.e. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Plant as many trees as possible