The project aims at involving community-based organizations/non-government organizations in conservation, rehabilitation and improvement of environment in urban and rural areas of the province. These registered non-government organizations work with EPA in various fields such as:
- Municipal solid waste collection & disposal
- Sewage collection and disposal
- Small drinking water supplies
- Environmental awareness
- Tree plantation for the improvement of air quality on public lands, schools and colleges
- Emergent issues in environmental management
Under the project, grants will be provided to eligible NGOs to design, implement and maintains community level small programs for improvement, conservation and preservation of environment. The project is in line with the objectives of environment sector. It addresses the environmental concerns and contributes to protection and improvement of environment in the province.