Environmental Protection Agency, Punjab indents to adopt National Environmental Quality Standards as Punjab Environmental Quality Standards and also notify certain new standard as per the following details:
Adoption of National Environmental Quality Standard
- a) Environmental Quality Standards for Municipal and Liquid Industrial Effluents
- b) Environmental Quality Standards for Industrial Gaseous Emission
- c) Environmental Quality Standards for Ambient Air
- d) Environmental Quality Standards for Drinking Water
- e) Environmental Quality Standards for Vehicular Emissions
- f) Environment Quality Standards for Noise Pollution
- a) Environmental Quality Standards for Treatment of Liquid and Disposal of Bio-medical Waste by Incineration, Autoclaving, Microwaving, Deep Burial
- b) Environmental Quality Standards for Irrigation Water
- c) Environmental Quality Standards for Recreational Water
- d) Environmental Quality Standards for Propagation of Fish and Aquatic Life
- Parliamentary Secretary for Environment - Akmal Saif Chattha
Notification of Punjab Environmental Protection Council
Draft Rules & Regulations
EPD Punjab has formulated Draft Regulations on Poultry Pollution Control. Feedback/comments/objections are invited from general public and stakeholders for improvement (if any) in Draft regulations may be communicated to Director General, EPA Punjab.
EPD Combating Dengue Activities in 2013:
Pakistan's Inculsion in GSP Plus:
16th September - Save Ozone Layer Day
EPD will organize seminars and poster competition to raise awareness among people to adapt sustainable lifestyle.
The Ozone layer shields the earth from ultraviolet rays that come from the sun. Depletion of the Ozone layer will lead to an increase in the number of cases of skin cancer and cataracts. Increased UV radiation may damage crops, kill plankton that serve as a food source for marine life, and even have adverse effects on the human immune system.