- About Us
- Our Sections
- Directorate of Environmental Health, Dengue Control and Hazardous Waste
Directorate of Environmental Health, Dengue Control and Hazardous Waste
Functions of EDH Directorate are:
- Devise and implement strategies for prevention and control of epidemics through environmental management (i.e. Dengue, Covid-19 and Congo Virus, etc.)
- Monitoring of Anti-Dengue Campaign at District level in Punjab through PITB Dashboard and departmental representation at different platforms with respect to progress.
- Liaising with Federal Government on issues related to the Directorate
- Entertaining the references of Environmental Health, Dengue, Infectious Hospitals waste and tree plantation Campaigns
- Regulate hazardous waste handling i.e. infectious hospital waste at healthcare units (public & private) from generation to final disposal (cradle-to-grave approach) through surveillance/inspection/surveys and to ensure implementation of Punjab Hospital Waste Management Rules, 2014 at provincial level.
- Promoting environmental awareness through seminars, workshops and media