The responsibilities of legal section are following:
- Process/preparing/prosecution of complaint cases for in the Punjab Environmental Tribunal.
- Preparing replies/defences/comments for High Court and Supreme Court cases in Environmental issues/cases.
- Identifying areas for legislation to cope with rising needs to combat pollution
- Coordinating with police and district offices to ensure implementation of the Environmental Protection Orders (EPO)
- Providing legal facilitation to all sections of the EPA
- Studying and comparing environmental legislation from other countries and recommending suitable amendments in laws and procedures in Punjab